PDA

View Full Version : configuration failure due to spaces in path

kondor
30th September 2009, 16:34
I am struggling to configure Qt for MSVC 2008, but the operation fails because of spaces in path of the latter. In other words, space characters behave as delimiters leading Visual Studio 2008 command prompt to read multiple commands, instead. Could you please help me by-pass this complication? Thanks.

Boron
30th September 2009, 17:41
The easiest way would obviously be to use a path for Qt that does not contain spaces.
Since Win95 I wonder why MS "invented" c:\Program Files instead of ProgramFiles or just Programs. This caused so much trouble.

Lesiok
1st October 2009, 08:15
Can You show some example ?

kondor
1st October 2009, 13:06
The easiest way would obviously be to use a path for Qt that does not contain spaces.
I typed configure -platform win32-msvc2008 in Qt command prompt and finally got the error "execute: File or path is not found (nmake)". I imagine that it has to do with environmental variables, but I think that added all of them.

Since Win95 I wonder why MS "invented" c:\Program Files instead of ProgramFiles or just Programs. This caused so much trouble.
Or Program_Files. I wonder about the same.

Boron
1st October 2009, 17:37
If nmake cannot be found you should use the "Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt".
This can be started in the start menu and sets all environment variables for proper usage of VS in the console.

kondor
1st October 2009, 18:56
If nmake cannot be found you should use the "Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt".
This can be started in the start menu and sets all environment variables for proper usage of VS in the console.
Isn't it what I did in the first place? But Visual studio' s path contains spaces. Unless you mean reinstalling it to another path.

Boron
1st October 2009, 21:54
I apologize. I forgot you wrote that you used the VS command prompt in the first post.

Lesiok
2nd October 2009, 07:33
Isn't it what I did in the first place? But Visual studio' s path contains spaces. Unless you mean reinstalling it to another path.
I have VS 2005 installed in path with spaces and have any problems. What version of QT You have ?