PDA

View Full Version : Windows Qt SDK's QtCreator erroneously generating bcc32 makefiles

andy.fillebrown
2nd October 2009, 00:19
Hello,

I've been trying to help a user of QuteCsound build the project from source, but it seems that his installation of QtCreator via the Qt SDK went awry due to Borland being on his system PATH, so instead of generating win32-g++ makefiles, QtCreator is generating bcc32 makefiles.

From what I understand of qmake, it is hard-coded to output makefiles of a specific type and that makefile type is configured during installation. If this is correct, then the only way I know to fix the problem for this user is to tell him to remove the borland directory from his system PATH and re-install the Windows Qt SDK. Am I correct in my diagnosis or is there an easier way, because right now he can't even build a "Hello World" application using QtCreator, nevermind something as complicated as QuteCsound.

Any help would be appreciated as previous posts regarding this issue have gone unanswered.

Thanks,
~ andy.f

wysota
2nd October 2009, 01:19
From what I understand of qmake, it is hard-coded to output makefiles of a specific type and that makefile type is configured during installation.
No no no... that's completely false. You can change the generated makefiles in any moment by directing qmake to a different spec set, either using -spec switch or by changing the contents of the "default" directory in mkspecs subdirectory of Qt installation.

andy.fillebrown
2nd October 2009, 13:32
Ah, excellent! That is exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you again wysota.

~ andy.f