PDA

View Full Version : Best IDE on windows

jabez
7th October 2009, 06:45
Hi,

What is the best IDE to work with QT4 on windows? I googled to find out answer for this, but couldn't find any specific answer. Some say Eclipse, some say VS and some say QT creator. I'm looking for an IDE which best supports code completion and debugging.

pardon me if this question is asked before. I search this forum for this kind of question before posting. I couldn't find any.

Thanks,
Jabez.

yogeshgokul
7th October 2009, 07:06
See, nothing could be called a best. It depends on how one is habitual for a tool. For me it could be A because I am using it for few years but it could be B for someone else.
If you have money to get the paid one, then VS is the best. Otherwise stuck with Creator as you are a newbie so worth spending time on Qt rather than Qt integration with Eclipse or any 3rd party IDE and struggling to run hello world.

jabez
7th October 2009, 07:44
I'm using VS from last 3 years. i thought of using VS with QT plugin downloaded from here (http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/visual-studio-add-in). They no where mentioned that we have to pay for using it. Did i download the wrong one? I'm using QT creator now. Hope it is good for working with QT compared to VS.

yogeshgokul
7th October 2009, 07:49
They no where mentioned that we have to pay for using it.
I was talking about paid IDE not a paid integration(Visual Studio Add-in).
Integration is free.

yan
7th October 2009, 09:08
Hi,
for me, today, it's incontestably visual studio (express or professional) , just for its true debugger. GDB is less powerful than windows debugger.

Tomorrow, maybe Qt creator. It's very interesting alternative and now you can use visual compiler and windows debugger.