PDA

View Full Version : .o file (Windows)

ehsu
7th October 2009, 11:27
Hi,

I am so new to Qt world. I run Qt Creator to compile the code as follows. It turns out with test.exe and test.o files. I then bring test.o file to a linux-based machine. It shows the error, "cannot execute binary file.

For my understanding, it is possible to develop on Windows, then execute on Linux. I was wondering if I am right. Please kindly correct me! Thank you in advance!

yogeshgokul
7th October 2009, 11:35
For my understanding, it is possible to develop on Windows, then execute on Linux.
No you cant do that.

ehsu
7th October 2009, 11:39
Hi yogeshgokul,

What's the difference between Qt windows and Qt Linux? Thank You!!

yogeshgokul
7th October 2009, 11:44
What do want actually ?

ktk
7th October 2009, 21:35
Hi,

I am so new to Qt world. I run Qt Creator to compile the code as follows. It turns out with test.exe and test.o files. I then bring test.o file to a linux-based machine. It shows the error, "cannot execute binary file.

For my understanding, it is possible to develop on Windows, then execute on Linux. I was wondering if I am right. Please kindly correct me! Thank you in advance!

When you sit on Platform A and want to compile for Platform B you need a "cross compiler". I know that gcc can handle A == Linux and B == Windows, but I have not seen the opposite direction so far.