PDA

View Full Version : Debug / Release Problem

messifanboy
7th October 2009, 13:11
Hello people I am new here and also new to Qt4 though i have much experience with C++ :) . Just started Qt4 today but the problem I am facing is:
When I run the .exe file of my application from Debug or Release folder i get error of "qtcore4.dll" missing and "qtcored4.dll" , can anyone help out with it ?
And what if I want to send the application to my friend then how can I properly make the application and send it to whom I want to?
:o

yogeshgokul
7th October 2009, 13:35
When I run the .exe file of my application from Debug or Release folder i get error of "qtcore4.dll" missing and "qtcored4.dll" , can anyone help out with it ?

This is clear.
Your Qt program needs Qt dlls to run. So add Qt path and Qt bin path in environment variable PATH.
e.g.
PATH += C:/Qt/4.5.2
PATH += C:/Qt/4.5.2/Bin

And what if I want to send the application to my friend then how can I properly make the application and send it to whom I want to?
:o 2 Ways for that :
1. You can build Qt statically and then build your application.
2. You can send required Qt dlls along-with executable.

For more info about deployment see this (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/deployment-windows.html).

messifanboy
7th October 2009, 13:44
should I set the enviroment variable path in .pro file or should i do it in My Computer properties>>advanced>>enviroment variables and then add path?

yogeshgokul
7th October 2009, 13:47
or should i do it in My Computer properties>>advanced>>enviroment variables and then add path?
This option is correct. For safety do log-off and log-in again after editing path variable.

messifanboy
7th October 2009, 14:18
I am still getting that error even after setting the path :( , is it necessary for it to be installed in C drive?cause I have installed it in my D drive

yogeshgokul
7th October 2009, 14:21
No, that was just an example, install it anywhere you want.

messifanboy
7th October 2009, 14:39
the problem is still not fixed :(

jano_alex_es
7th October 2009, 16:04
are you using VS integrator? if so, maybe you need to add the path to the VS (qt->builds, "Version Name: Qt_4.5" "Path: C:\Qt\2009.01\qt" (default installation file of the integrator))

And I'm not sure, but maybe you need to have the framework 2.0 installed.

messifanboy
7th October 2009, 16:23
i am just using the Qt sdk , though i think it's fine i run it through the sdk so i am fine ;)