PDA

View Full Version : How to make MAC version of Windows QT application

qtUser500
8th October 2009, 00:18
Hello,

I have a QT application which has been coded with QT 3.3 (Yes I know, QT 3 is out-dated et al and upgrading to the newer version is the way to go, but unfortunately this is the project I have to work with!).

The application is a Windows application, and I now need to make it work on MAC. What are the key points to consider during this porting?

Do I need to make changes to the ui files? Any other information I need to ensure it can be compiled and built on MAC?

Your suggestions are appreciated.
Thank you.

Lykurg
8th October 2009, 07:48
Hello,

I have a QT application which has been coded with QT 3.3 (Yes I know, QT 3 is out-dated et al and upgrading to the newer version is the way to go, but unfortunately this is the project I have to work with!).

Hey, Qt 3 is out-dated! Go and upgrade it :D (Sorry I can't resist...)

The application is a Windows application, and I now need to make it work on MAC. What are the key points to consider during this porting?

If you only have used Qt and normal C++ - no windows specific headers - simply go to your mac and compile it using the normal qmake&make. If you have used windows specifics use Q_OS_WIN32/Q_OS_MAC to write an equivalent code. That's all.

You will recognize, that the colors will displayed slightly different, so you may want to alter your used colors a little bite. (If you really want...)

Do I need to make changes to the ui files?
No.

qtUser500
8th October 2009, 14:27
Thanks Lykurg!