PDA

View Full Version : Can't execute a Stand Alone Qt Application after compiling

aarelovich
8th October 2009, 13:19
Hi:

My problem is this I made a Qt Program and got the exe in Windows in the release folder:

So I copy mingw10.dll QtCore4.dll and QtGui4.dll to that folder in order to execute my app in a standalone fashion. Keep in mind that when I compiled using QtCreator with the release settings the application started no problem. But now all I get is this cryptic message when I try to start my app:

Could not find point of entry of the procedure_Z11qt_assert_xPKcS0_S0_I in QtCore4.dll. The message is not exactly like this because I translated it from spanish but that is what it says.

However If I copy the Debug dlls to the debug compiled version of my app and then I execute it that one starts fine. However debug libs are huge.

Does anyone have any ideas of what this problem could be?

Thanks for any help.

faldzip
8th October 2009, 14:30
what version of Qt do you have? Qt SDK? Be sure you copy from QtSDKdir/qt/bin not only bin. Use Dependency Walker to find all dependencies

aarelovich
8th October 2009, 14:34
I'm using Qt 4.5 and I took the files from the Qt version installed when I installed QtCreator

They were found in the path: C:\Qt\2009.03\bin.

I'm not sure what you mean by QtSDK. And I don't know what dependency walker is. But I'll try to find out.

aarelovich
8th October 2009, 14:41
So I used dependency walker and the first thing it told me was that my program needed these two files:

dwmapi.dll y mvscr90.dll which I downloaded and put in the release folder too.

Now I get this error:
Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in an implicitly dependent module.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

Any ideas?

faldzip
8th October 2009, 15:41
They were found in the path: C:\Qt\2009.03\bin.
what I mean is that you should not get dlls from that directory.
Take from:
C:\Qt\2009.03\qt\bin

aarelovich
8th October 2009, 17:59
Yes!

Thank you. That solved my problem.