PDA

View Full Version : Installing without using gcc

Rayven
30th May 2006, 20:29
I am trying to install Qt 4.1.3 using the Portland Group pgcc, pgCC compilers. I have the QMAKESPEC environment variable set to the correct linux-pgcc directory. I ran into a couple issues with using // in C code, so I have to modify the qmake.conf file to use the -B flag to allow for C++ style comments in C code. Into the linking step of one of the many makefiles I run into the error: undefined reference variable: q_atomic_test_and_set_int and q_atomic_test_and_set_ptr in function q_atomic_increment. I do not know what else would need to be included in the configuration since these are Qt variables. Anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks!!

wysota
30th May 2006, 23:33
I think it'd be best if you contacted Trolltech helpdesk about it, as I doubt anyone else on this site uses the same compiler as you and the compiler looks like a supported one, so Trolls should be able to help you. Of course when they do, please come back here and share your knowledge with us :)

Rayven
31st May 2006, 02:00
Unfortunatly, I was told today that my license expired last week, hence why they gave me the 4.1.3 updates to install. I do not have tech support from "the trolls" as of right now, and they couldnt tell me when they would be renewing. Awaiting new money to roll in I think. Anyone have an ideas on what I could try until renewal?

wysota
31st May 2006, 08:07
It could be possible that only qmake and not Qt supports pgcc... but you have to ask the Trolls for that, regardles of a non active support, because they are the only ones who can answer that question. Just send them an email asking about it, I'm almost sure you'll receive an answer.

Rayven
31st May 2006, 15:43
Here is the response from Trolltech.
"The Portland Group compilers are not supported by Trolltech for use with
Qt. You might be able compile the libraries using gcc and then link
against them using the PG compilers, but this requires the compilers to
be binary compatible, and this is not something that we can
legitimately assure you of.

I would recommend that this question be posed to the members of the
QtCenter.org forums, that recommended compiling Qt with the pgcc
compilers.

Good luck."

I am now in an infinite loop, QtCenter tells me to ask Trolltech, who tells me to ask QtCenter... :eek:

wysota
31st May 2006, 17:45
It's not an infinite loop. The bottom line is -- you can't use pgcc with Qt. Period, end of story. qmake supports the compiler, but unfortunately Qt libraries don't. You might want to start convincing your bosses to switch to gcc :)

Rayven
31st May 2006, 22:28
I have started the begging...I mean convincing process! :p