PDA

View Full Version : Qdb2 driver problem

AtoZ
13th October 2009, 15:13
we have qt4.5.2 on our server, powerpc64 opensuse 11.1. db2 driver version 9.5 fp 4.
we have following problem:
our server software makes connection to db2 database(remotely) for each new client thread. when thread is closed we are making database connection close.

this->mydb->query.finish();
this->mydb->query.clear();
this->mydb->dbase.close();
QSqlDatabase::removeDatabase(dbname);

we checked client connection. the code above is being executed gracefully. connection is being closed. BUT: after about a 24 hour number of connections to the database is much more than expected. i.e. apparently some connections aren't being closed. each of excessive connections have status "connected". that should mean that after query. finish() and query.clear() dbase close doesn't work properly.\

beyond this, when giving command in console "netstat -an |grep -i :50000 |wc | awk '{print $1}'" i give in console the output which says that number of connections to the database, which the database itself shows, including excessive connections.
"ls /proc/{pid of my server application}/fd | wc | awk '{print $1}'" shows same number of excessive connections.

please give advice how should we handle this problem.

notabene
16th October 2009, 08:42
I have similar problem. It would be nice if someone could help with solution.

AtoZ
19th October 2009, 17:09
is it bug or just i have some mistake?
please help me how to correctly use qsqldb2 driver?

AtoZ
25th October 2009, 11:13
If no one can help, than I ask to the moderators close the thread.

vieraci
11th November 2009, 12:00
I'm running db2 9.7 with Debian but I don't have this problem, maybe upgrade your db2 version ? or maybe it's a problem with 64 bit Linux ?