PDA

View Full Version : How to port windows app to linux

sudheer168
15th October 2009, 07:48
Hi ,
I am working on QT windows(MSVS IDE) from last one year.Now i need to port my windows application to linux .I am new to both linux and eclipse environments.
So please suggest me to how to port my QT windows application to linux and please help me how to work QT on eclipse IDE in linux.(I am new to linux and eclipse).
So plese Help me by suggesting how to work out.

regards,
sudheer.

lyuts
15th October 2009, 08:52
Porting of your app depends on what kind of app you have. It is hard to tell without knowing how many system-specific things you are using there.

As for Eclipse integration , then see this (http://qt.nokia.com/developer/eclipse-integration/installation-instructions-for-linux-systems).

sudheer168
15th October 2009, 09:18
Hi,
thanks for your quick reply.I would like to know how to port a basic QT window app to linux as I already informed that I am new to QT in linux ,I even dont know how to compile the project in Linux enviroment , which was already developed on MSVS. And coming to type of app I would like to port the gui app in which I do mostly the database operations( I mean connectiong to sqlite and creating tables and updating data).
So please suggestme to get out of this problem.

Regards,
Sudheer.

lyuts
15th October 2009, 09:22
1. Copy your project to Linux
2. Install eclipse and integration (see link above)
3. Run eclipse and create (i think there should be 'import project' option) project
4. Run build from eclipse.

I think this is the best solution for you

faldzip
15th October 2009, 09:39
I'm not sure if you have any .pro file for your project when you develop under MSVC so find the suitable option in MSVC Qt menu or use the :

qmake -project
command in your project directory.
When you have your code and the .pro file, you can use in the (almost) same way on any platform supported by Qt. You need to run a console (terminal) and change directory to your project dir with cd command and then type:

qmake
when it finish (quite fast :]) type:

make
and then you have your app built :]