PDA

View Full Version : GUI enhancement

yazwas
17th October 2009, 22:12
Hello Everyone,

I have a few questions about User Interface in Qt

I'm using Qt creator to do my work, I have a QMainWindow application , which contains central widget, also it contains dock widgets

I have 2 issues at this point

1- There is not distinction in the boundaries between the central widget, and the dock widgets, also no distention between the dock widgets themselves, so how to solve this issue?

2- the dockabe widgets always start very wide, and I have to resize it manually every time, even though I have put the size policy to minimum to every dock widget

I've attached a picture with what I already have

thanks very much

wysota
17th October 2009, 22:23
1- There is not distinction in the boundaries between the central widget, and the dock widgets,
What do you mean? I can see a thick vertical line on your screenshot.

2- the dockabe widgets always start very wide, and I have to resize it manually every time, even though I have put the size policy to minimum to every dock widget
Do not enforce policies on the dock windows. Do that on widgets inside them.

yazwas
17th October 2009, 23:05
What do you mean? I can see a thick vertical line on your screenshot.

The thick vertical line is not the boundary, its a frame thats within the central widget itself, not the boundary

wysota
17th October 2009, 23:26
Are you sure you added the dock windows to the main window properly? Can you show us the code you have written to do that?

yazwas
18th October 2009, 09:45
Are you sure you added the dock windows to the main window properly? Can you show us the code you have written to do that?

I think so, because I used the QtCreator GUI interface to do that, so I did not write any code to create the dock widgets and add them,

I've attached a screenshot for Object/class view I have
hopefully this will help

wysota
18th October 2009, 09:59
Object hierarchy is not enough to say anything. Post the real ui file.

yazwas
18th October 2009, 13:32
Object hierarchy is not enough to say anything. Post the real ui file.

This is the real ui*.h file for the main application

i've zipped it because its not acceptable as a .h file, its larger than acceptable

Thanks in advance

wysota
18th October 2009, 15:47
I meant the ui file (the one saved by Designer).

yazwas
18th October 2009, 18:36
I meant the ui file (the one saved by Designer).

Here it is

Thanks

wysota
18th October 2009, 20:00
And what is wrong with it exactly? There are splitters dividing the components and the width of dock widgets is clearly determined by their contents... So?