PDA

View Full Version : How to install Qxt properly?

blurboy
18th October 2009, 07:30
I followed the steps in the Qxt User Guide and when I try

#include <QxtBlowfish>

the compiler cannot find the directory.

Here what I did to install

The user guide stated:
Make sure qmake is in your PATH and run (How do I make sure qmake is in my PATH? how to check?)

Step1: ./configure
Step2: make && make install
Step3: Add the following lines to my .pro file:

CONFIG += qxt
QXT += core gui

jpn
18th October 2009, 09:16
I followed the steps in the Qxt User Guide and when I try

#include <QxtBlowfish>

the compiler cannot find the directory.

Which exact version of Qxt do you have? The QxtCrypto module has been removed in the development branch (ie. upcoming 0.6). QxtHmac has been moved to QxtCore, and everything else is these days provided by QCryptographicHash or QCA.

The user guide stated:
Make sure qmake is in your PATH and run (How do I make sure qmake is in my PATH? how to check?)

qmake -v

Step1: ./configure
Step2: make && make install
Step3: Add the following lines to my .pro file:

CONFIG += qxt
QXT += core gui
Did you rerun qmake for your application after adding those lines? I can't remember if Windows does that automatically. Could you paste the full compiler command including all command line parameters before the error?

blurboy
18th October 2009, 17:57
Which exact version of Qxt do you have? The QxtCrypto module has been removed in the development branch (ie. upcoming 0.6). QxtHmac has been moved to QxtCore, and everything else is these days provided by QCryptographicHash or QCA.

qmake -v

Did you rerun qmake for your application after adding those lines? I can't remember if Windows does that automatically. Could you paste the full compiler command including all command line parameters before the error?

my version of Qxt is 0.5.1 which i got from http://www.libqxt.org/.

in the documentation there is still QxtCrypto so i would like to use it.

I'm running on Ubuntu not Windows.

Wat do u mean by rerun qmake for my application? I'm only using QT4.5.2 to build and run.

jpn
18th October 2009, 20:12
Yes, QxtCrypto is still available in 0.5. What about the compiler output?

EDIT: Oh, perhaps you should list crypto in the QXT variable? "QXT += core crypto gui" (or whichever modules you need)