PDA

View Full Version : The Qt version is not installed

bmahf
19th October 2009, 19:42
Hi, I have Qt installed, and during the normal use of my computer, I ran out of room on my C: drive, so I installed a new E: drive and moved stuff over. I left C:\Qt\qtcreator-1.2.1 and moved C:\Qt\qt-win-opensource-src-4.5.1 to E:\Qt\qt-win-opensource-src-4.5.1. I then went to my environment variables and changed PATH so that it contained E:\Qt\qt-win-opensource-src-4.5.1\bin, instead of the C: equivalent that I had there. I opened Qt Creator, went to Tools/Options, and found that the reported path for the auto-detected version of Qt is in fact E:\Qt\qt-win-opensource-src-4.5.1. I opened an existing project and chose Clean, and got the error message:

Could not find make command: in the build environment
Error while building project PaulUI
When executing build step 'Make'
Canceled build.

I tried Build and got:

No valid Qt version set. Set one in Tools/Options
Error while building project PaulUI
When executing build step 'QMake'
Canceled build.

and I tried qMake and got the same as will build.

When I went back to my Tools/Options page and actually clicked on the auto-detect option in the combo box, I saw the line:

The Qt Version E:\Qt\qt-win-opensource-src-4.5.1 is not installed. Run make install

I thought that weird, because I'm on Vista, which doesn't do a make install, but I went back to the folder E:\Qt\qt-win-opensource-src-4.5.1 and ran mingw32-make. It quickly went through it's stuff seeing everything was made, but I thought maybe it was going to do something special. Nothing.

Does anyone know what went wrong here? Is it actually possible that Qt Creator doesn't handle using Qt from any other than C:? I'm hoping that's not the case, for space purposes.

Thanks...
Bruce

squidge
19th October 2009, 22:26
Since you moved the Qt installation, you need the tools that they have been moved. The easiest way to do this is buy reinstalling or configure/make. The alternative is creating a qt.conf file.

An example content of qt.conf (to be placed in qt/bin) would be:

[Paths]
Prefix = "E:\\Qt\\qt-win-opensource-src-4.5.1\\"

Assuming that ".LICENSE-EVALUATION" is present in that directory. If not, point it to the directory that it is present in.

bmahf
19th October 2009, 23:09
Amazing. Running on Vista, so I created a qt.conf file in E:\Qt\qt-win-opensource-src-4.5.1, and put the content:

[Paths]
Prefix = E:\Qt\qt-win-opensource-src-4.5.1

in it and then went back to Qt Creator and created a new version entry, gave it the right path to it, and then it recognized it just fine and cleaned/built perfectly.

Thanks a lot...
Bruce