PDA

View Full Version : Qt 4.3.0 to 4.5.3 Windows Visual Studio

^NyAw^
30th October 2009, 17:29
Hi,

I have been using Qt 4.3.0 on Windows with Visual Studio and now I tryied to upgrade to last Qt version.

To try the new version I opened Visual Studio and created a new Qt project. I tried to compile it but it tells me that "QtCored4.lib" is not found. I looked the Qt dirs and I found that in Qt 4.3.0 there are some libs that contain the number 4 and in the last Qt version there is not any lib that contains the number 4.

So, is this a Qt change?

Another question is:
I'm copiling the last Qt version to use Visual Studio. In the project options I used to configure to use "QtCored4.lib". The "lib" extension is the static libs? And "dll" the dynamic libs, right?
Now I'm compliing them as static and shared, but it is possible to use the shared libs into Visual Studio?

Thanks,

squidge
30th October 2009, 17:38
Qt is shipped with libraries for GCC. If you want to use Visual Studio then you have to recompile it. You can't just use the DLL files, you need .lib files regardless of whether you want static or dynamic, the only difference will be that the .lib files for dynamic will be much smaller as the bulk of the code will be in the dll file.

^NyAw^
30th October 2009, 18:46
Hi,

I know that libs are released to be used with GCC.

When I downloaded and installed Qt 4.5.3 there are not "lib" files. So if I want to develop an application in GCC, how the linker knows what to link?

squidge
30th October 2009, 23:08
It uses the '.a' files.