PDA

View Full Version : problems with deploying a Qt application

nongentesimus
7th June 2006, 11:51
Hello

I deployed my Qt 4.0 appliction using the shared libraries method. I created a release directory and put there the appropriate executable, libQtGui.so.4, libQtGui.so.4, libQtNetwork.so.4. I also made a running script as it is suggested here:

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.1/deployment-x11.html#creating-the-application-package

I have 4 subdirectories (pictures, savings, settings, text) in my application, I copied them into the release dir as well. Now the intersting thig that happens, is that, I can start my program, it runs well in every aspects, except that it does not shows any picture. Pictures are in the pictures directory but for some reason the program does not find them, or at least loadPixmap(filename) returns a null pixmap where filename is something like this "pictures/somepicture.jpg".
The program definitely finds every other file in the other subdirectories.
All this happens only if I try to run my program on some other Linux where there is no Qt 4.0, when I run it on my own Linux, where I developed the program, it finds the pictures right.
Does anyone have some idea why it happens?

Thanks for your help

Nyilasy Peter

wysota
7th June 2006, 13:10
Maybe you need a plugin for jpeg image support? It's called libqjpeg.so and should be put into imageformats subdirectory.

nongentesimus
7th June 2006, 14:45
Thanks a lot, that was the problem :)

Maybe you need a plugin for jpeg image support? It's called libqjpeg.so and should be put into imageformats subdirectory.