PDA

View Full Version : App Crash on Start-up

freekill
20th November 2009, 18:29
Hi guys. I'm having trouble with my application. My code works well as it compiles smoothly without any error upon build. However, when I tried to run the .exe file I get a crash message.

I'm on Windows XP SP2 and this is the error that I get.
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/2624/errormessage.png

How can I trace what the source of the crash is? BTW, I have other Qt projects which works fine - only this specific app crashes. TIA.

john_god
20th November 2009, 18:52
Hi freekill.

It's hard to tell without any peace of code, it could lots of things, are you triyng to use some pointers without allocating them ? You shoud debug your aplication to see what line it's causing the crash.

freekill
21st November 2009, 02:29
Hi John. I sure can tell I'm using a lot of pointers since I'm communicating between threads. I currently have 3 threads working on the application. I have a producer thread (I call this capturing thread since it's job is to capture images from webcam), I also have a separate processing thread (called this one computing thread) and the main thread to handle my GUI events. Here's the compiled codes. It's starting to be a big application but there's still a lot to do about it but it should at least work right now. Again, TIA.

freekill
21st November 2009, 02:31
Here are the other files.

faldzip
21st November 2009, 09:49
Did you try to use debugger to find out where the problem is?