PDA

View Full Version : incomplete type?

T0bi4s
26th November 2009, 20:41
hi,

me again :o

anyone can make a sense on:

C:/Users/Tobias/Desktop/Schule/AINF/Diplomarbeit/New01/acting_class.h:21: error: field 'dia_job' has incomplete type
qreator says so, but actually i didn't change anything, or just changed something at the ui, then changed is back and now it won't work anymore:confused::crying:

i hope someone is able to help
tobi

vfernandez
26th November 2009, 21:20
Please post some relevant code. Probably you are missing some include in your .h file.

wysota
26th November 2009, 21:47
You have an include missing. This is a C++ problem, not a Qt one, so it should be in "General Programming" forum, not here. I'm moving it there but next time please open such threads in a proper place.

T0bi4s
26th November 2009, 22:36
sorry for writing at the wrong place

but thx found it and now it works again, missed to include QDialog, thought it would be enough to use just QObject.

anyway thx for help
tobi

sherifomran
9th February 2018, 17:18
my friends,i had a similar case and found this happens when you mix different versions of Qt to compile the project
they simply change the ui_*.h files or sometimes they empty it and thus this happens. Occured at least with me ..

d_stranz
11th February 2018, 17:35
they simply change the ui_*.h files

"They" do? Who is they? Mysterious aliens who live inside your computer and change code while you are sleeping?

It is more likely that when you changed Qt versions you didn't re-run qmake or didn't rebuild your entire project to ensure that all of the generated files (like the ui_*.h and moc_*.cpp) were brought into sync with the new Qt version.

you mix different versions of Qt to compile the project

Never, ever mix different versions of the same libraries, especially Qt, when building a project. Not only are you likely to get incompatible #include files, you are almost certain to get a linker that produces a corrupt executable or a runtime that fails because it can't find the DLLs / shared libraries it needs.

geometry01
11th February 2019, 07:02
You can simply change the ui_*.h files