PDA

View Full Version : Qt gestures on PC

pingwinek
28th November 2009, 00:37
I tried to run Qt Gestures example (Linux and Win7). It started, I choose folder with images, but any gestures doesn't work. No one of events is QGestureEvent. What I need to do to make gestures work?

Lykurg
28th November 2009, 08:48
did you use QWidget::grabGesture() to activate them?

pingwinek
28th November 2009, 10:56
Yes, I used this example: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.6-snapshot/gestures-imagegestures.html

jhwang
18th December 2009, 19:24
Anybody can answer on this?
I have same problem on Windows Vista and Embedded Linux for ARM.

Joseph

jhwang
21st December 2009, 15:05
Somebody says we will not get QGesture Events on the devices without touch screen.
My ARM device (running embedded Linux) has touch screen.
While the sample program is running, I can get mouse pressed/released events, but no QGesture event from the touch screen.
What is required to enable generating/capturing QGesture events from touch screen?
Thank,
Joseph

YG park
23rd December 2009, 06:58
Somebody says we will not get QGesture Events on the devices without touch screen.
My ARM device (running embedded Linux) has touch screen.
While the sample program is running, I can get mouse pressed/released events, but no QGesture event from the touch screen.
What is required to enable generating/capturing QGesture events from touch screen?
Thank,
Joseph

Hi~ i'm ygpark, in Seoul, Korea.

YG park
23rd December 2009, 07:12
I tried to run Qt Gestures example, imagegestures project, at Linux and WinXP.
It was not work.
What I need to do to make it work?

spikey
11th February 2010, 10:08
Gestures do not work for me either. I am trying to run that gesture example:

/qt/examples/gestures/imagegestures/imagegestures that was part of Qt Creator 1.3.1 (Based on Qt 4.6.1 (32 bit))

I am using xserver on debian.

It seems that we are not allone, others have the same problem:
Other post on this forum with the same problem (http://qtforum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10393&highlight=gestures)
(I also found those issues on other forums)

Is it just me, or do you think too that Qt products and services badly dropped in quality since Nokia is in the business? The Trolltech page has lots of nice posts about new widgets, upcoming Qt mobility stuff and then, instead of doku and compiling examples you get a git repo link.
Sorry guys, but continue like this and the product is dead in 6 months. Android is not sleeping and burning energy with an inefficient management and business/money/water head meetings. They let the people work.

Spikey

estel
15th June 2010, 01:09
Refresh the thread.
I have the same problem, can't record the QGerstureEvent. Do anyone of You solve the problem and can help me?

stretchtiberius
16th June 2010, 20:27
Gestures in Qt only work in certain operating systems such as Windows 7.

scarleton
1st December 2010, 02:30
So is there any documentation out there on what OS and hardware supports Gestures? There are more and more touch pads on laptops that support multi touch and then there are things like the Apple Magic Touchpad. So is there a list of what hardware works with which OS's?