PDA

View Full Version : Qt Property Browser Framework - Redo/Undo

monadic_kid
30th November 2009, 18:59
Hi I'm using qtpropertybrowser (http://qt.nokia.com/products/appdev/add-on-products/catalog/4/Widgets/qtpropertybrowser) with a custom redo/undo system (which is for a multi-process system) and I'm having a problem trying to emulate undoing like the the property editor in Qt Designer where input widgets such as QLineEdit/Q(Double)SpinBox when you undo the value reverts to the to the very first value it was before making the modification. For example if you modify a QLineEdit (in the Designer Property Editor) with this sequence of inputs 'a','b','c' press enter or lose focus then press ctrl-z the undo operation deletes "abc" as a whole and not just the last character 'c'.

I'm guessing in the case of designer's property editor it is using qt's redo/undo framework and using the QUndoCommand::mergeWith method to merge multiple commands into one and hooking up events like QLineEdit's "editingFinished" to be able to do those block undo/redos.

I can't seem to find a workaround to do this with the property browser because the Property Manager only has propertyChanged/valueChanged events but nothing like QLineEdit/QSpinBox's "editingFinished" events which could help me to write a more useful undo/redo for string input.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can achieve this without modifying the original source of the property browser framework? If not I'm planning on adding another event to the property manager called something like valueChanging.

monadic_kid
2nd December 2009, 12:08
Bumping this up, please let me know if you're unclear with what I wrote.

monadic_kid
3rd December 2009, 11:46
one more time.