PDA

View Full Version : SDK 4.6 & Qt Embedded for Linux

zuck
1st December 2009, 15:25
Hi, is it possible to use the compiled SDK (4.6) in a Qt Embedded Linux environment instead of manually build it from sources?

Qt Creator returns me some linking errors:

undefined reference to 'qwsServer'
undefined reference to 'QWSServer::setCursorVisible(bool)'

The QtGui module is in the linker command line argument list.

rule
2nd December 2009, 12:40
You have Qt libs with SDK for desktop version, they use X11/WINAPI/COCOA like windowing system. For example Qt X11 libs know nothing about cocoa and winapi. But all of them know nothing about qws, that uses by Qt embedded.
Qt embedded use qws server. That's why you have to have Qt embedded builded for your target platform. Because of there are a lot of target platform with different environments, it's impossible to redistribute Qt embedded binary libs, thats why you have to build Qt embedded libs from sources at least for your target device, Additionally you can build Qt embedded for your host device for debugging application using Qvfb (supported only on linux).

But you still able to make application working on Qt embedded and Qt Desktop version as well, all you need to close by #define directive appropriated source code pieces, that use QWS specific code.

ivanqt
21st December 2010, 14:56
Hi zuck and rule,

I got this error at the moment of build my application:
baseWindow.o: In function `BaseWindow::timeToCheckMouse()':
baseWindow.cpp:(.text+0x4c17): undefined reference to `qwsServer'
baseWindow.cpp:(.text+0x4c28): undefined reference to `QWSServer::openMouse()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

May you be more specific about how to solve this problem?

Regards and thanks in advance

Added after 25 minutes:

Hi zuck and rule,

Some details about my application.

My application is running with qt-embedded-linux-opensource-src-4.4.0 and uses an specific jpeg library (jpeg-8a). Actually I want to run/execute my app in my fedora Linux machine with qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.1 and jpeg-8a library.

Regards and thanks