PDA

View Full Version : How to add a plugin? (QJson)

Thomas Wrobel
2nd December 2009, 20:33
I have been following instructions to use a json lib with qt;
http://qjson.sourceforge.net/download.html

I have followed the instructions and got a "libqjson.dll" and a "libqjson.dll.a" out of it.
But I'm not sure what to do with these.
I tried putting these in the "\Qt\2009.04\lib\qtcreator\plugins\Nokia" directory, but it didnt show up in the Plugins About box.
What should I do?

wysota
3rd December 2009, 09:18
It's not a plugin to Creator. It's a regular library you need to link your program against.

Thomas Wrobel
3rd December 2009, 13:09
And how would I do that?

wysota
3rd December 2009, 13:24
Searching the forum would be a good start. Searching Qt docs (especially the part about building applications) would be a good follow-up.

Thomas Wrobel
3rd December 2009, 17:38
Thanks, I was searching for a few hours (both here and google), but I was obviously hitting the wrong keywords as I was using the word "plugin".

As for the help documentation.
You mean the bit labled "Declaring other Libraries" ?in "Handling External Libraries"?
Because that gives a dead link;
http://doc.trolltech.com/latest/make-project-files.html#declaring-other-libraries

There's also a link to the cmake documentation, but it looks like that would take a few months to study alone to understand :-/
Isn't there some idiot-proof "copy x to y and include it in your code this way" style documentation? I've clearly been spoilt by Java.

wysota
3rd December 2009, 21:46
Since you know you are not dealing with a plugin, searching for help about "plugin" will probably not return many positive results. One the other hand if you search for "use library" or "link library" you will get a couple of nice results.

Isn't there some idiot-proof "copy x to y and include it in your code this way" style documentation?
Sure there is. You just didn't look for it in the right place. Have you tried qmake docs? Search for this one there: "link library".