PDA

View Full Version : GPRS Connection

spaccabbomm
4th December 2009, 11:04
Hi all,
i'm using Qt 4.6 in my application, now i need to make an internet connection using
GPRS/HSDPA USB modem but i cant find any library in Qt 4.6.
any help?

thank you.

yogeshgokul
4th December 2009, 11:15
Hi all,
i'm using Qt 4.6 in my application, now i need to make an internet connection using
GPRS/HSDPA USB modem but i cant find any library in Qt 4.6.
any help?
I dont think so, that you need to take care of any other library for using USB modem.
See, when you have connects the USB modem, it beacomes the part of system.
And Qt's networking classes will take care of undeligned communication channel.
I remember I had to change the CAPABILITY of exe when I wanted to use GPRS/HSDPA/WIFI channel. But my application was for S60 5th edition.

spaccabbomm
4th December 2009, 11:30
I dont think so, that you need to take care of any other library for using USB modem.
See, when you have connects the USB modem, it beacomes the part of system.
And Qt's networking classes will take care of undeligned communication channel.
I remember I had to change the CAPABILITY of exe when I wanted to use GPRS/HSDPA/WIFI channel. But my application was for S60 5th edition.

I know, so now the modem is /dev/ttyusb0 and i can connet using pppd, but how to make a connection on demand in my application?

calhal
4th December 2009, 13:56
I know, so now the modem is /dev/ttyusb0 and i can connet using pppd, but how to make a connection on demand in my application?

Perhaps you could use QProcess class to run and control pppd.

spaccabbomm
4th December 2009, 13:58
Perhaps you could use QProcess class to run and control pppd.
Yes, you're right, but i leave this as last chance... because in that way i dont know when the connection is established...

calhal
4th December 2009, 14:56
Yes, you're right, but i leave this as last chance... because in that way i dont know when the connection is established...

So what do you expect from Qt?

You can use libusb to connect your app with the modem by yourself, but you WILL HAVE TO write your own code that sets up and controls the modem and the connection anyway.

spaccabbomm
4th December 2009, 15:02
So what do you expect from Qt?

You can use libusb to connect your app with the modem by yourself, but you WILL HAVE TO write your own code that sets up and controls the modem and the connection anyway.

I found Network Services from this http://qt.nokia.com/doc/qtopia4.1/networkservices.html#gprs

but i think they are not available in Qt 4.6 but only in Qt Extended...