PDA

View Full Version : qt in vc++ debug problem

sujan.dasmahapatra
5th December 2009, 14:18
Dear Friends
I have cofigured QT in VC++ and trying to build in debug mode
when I am pressing F5 it gives and error
"Theapplication has failed to start because QtGuid4.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

After searching I found that I nee to build qt in debug mode by "qvars.bat compile_debug" but there's no qvars.bat file in the \Qt\2009.04\qt\bin directory or anywhere under Qt.

So what should I do for building application in debg mode.
In release mode it runs fine but Ctrl+F5 is not working I need to goto the release folder and click the exe that runs the application.

Please guide me someone to fix this.

Lesiok
5th December 2009, 14:46
qtvars.bat not qvars.bat

squidge
5th December 2009, 14:47
QtGuid4.dll is probably built already and is in qt/bin directory. Either copy it to your application debug directory, and preferably configure your path variable. If you don't have the file, recompile Qt as you did before for VC++, but this time specify -debug flag instead of -release flag.

sujan.dasmahapatra
5th December 2009, 15:12
configure -no-sql-sqlite -no-qt3support -no-opengl -platform win32-msvc2008
-no-libtiff -no-dbus -no-phonon -no-phonon-backend -no-webkit

I dint mention -debug flag or release flag. and I can see QtGuid4.dl is present in the
\Qt\200904\qt\bin and \Qt\200904\qt\lib both the directories.

sujan.dasmahapatra
5th December 2009, 15:19
Friends
I am now able to debug I have copied the QtGuid4.dll into the debug directory. And then i am able to build and debug.

But do I need every time for every project I need to copy this dll into the debug directory ?

And one more problem is there when I build in release mode by pressing CTRL+F5 it doensnt excute the application it says system cannot find the path Release\Hello.exe

what could be the problem for this ?

Lesiok
5th December 2009, 17:12
Configure Your system to have \Qt\2009.04\qt\bin in PATH

squidge
5th December 2009, 17:51
No, as I said above, copying the file there just proves that it works fine with it. You should configure your path variable.