PDA

View Full Version : Text editor in another application

ImQti
8th December 2009, 18:54
I read the instructions here. "Post New Thread" , Still making my mind to post a question in this forum. I hope the experienced folks wont sue me atleast. ;)

------

A host(daemon*) application, when active,

* Should interpret the key events(Keyborad Input) going to currently active Text editor widgets that may belong to any other application(like MSWord) or any Web page...etc

* Format the input text in that widget, format in the sense, the host application will have its own key mapping... so deleting a char, adding a char..etc should be possible.

If I write the host (daemon) application in Qt , Is it possible to achieve the above features?
If yes...provide some clues please :)

Is this a smart question btw? then make an attempt to answer this, :rolleyes: you smart guys

faldzip
8th December 2009, 20:49
It looks like OS level needs so Qt won't help you much - you will have to use platform specific APIs to get events from different applications I think.

squidge
8th December 2009, 21:52
Under what OS? With Linux you'll need to be root to do this, under XP it's possible, but under Vista and Win7 you'll just get a permission denied unless you support UAC.

ImQti
9th December 2009, 06:28
folk, I need it in all OSs' Windows Xp, Linux, Vista & 7...
If not possible in Vista & 7 its ok, not a big issue atm.

If possible in, Win Xp & Linux atleast, Its still a very good solution...
Give me some hints...please

uppu
10th December 2009, 09:41
Under what OS? With Linux you'll need to be root to do this, under XP it's possible, but under Vista and Win7 you'll just get a permission denied unless you support UAC.
fatjuicymole , Please reply