PDA

View Full Version : Best toolchain

Jef Patat
16th December 2009, 10:50
Dear experts,

our goal is to make a standalone display which communicates to the world over the CANbus. For this we have found a hardware provider who has a product which meets our requirements. Together with this hardware he provides a Windows CE BSP, both 5 and 6. The hard realtime behaviour is important to us so we prefer the having CE. (But let's try to not get into that discussion ;) ). Since the CANbus will be very prominent in our application we really need to be able to debug in the device. Personally I have experience with the .NET compact framework but we are considering using Qt, however we have no experience with it.

I am wondering what the ideal toolchain for us would be and how hard it would be to set everything up. Is this something which is doable for a newbie or is consulting advisable?

Thanks in advance for your comments and advice,
Jef

Tanuki-no Torigava
16th December 2009, 11:27
It is not qt task which is basically a framework. Looks like pure system task. So you can use C/C++ for embedded system + any debugger with remote debug support.

wysota
16th December 2009, 11:42
I am wondering what the ideal toolchain for us would be and how hard it would be to set everything up. Is this something which is doable for a newbie or is consulting advisable?

If you are using WinCE, then it's best to use Visual Studio toolchain for it.

Follow this guide: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/install-wince.html