PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to recompile resources whithout building?

JesperWe
18th December 2009, 17:03
When I add a resource file in Qt Creator, it does not appear as a selectable resource in the Qt Designer porperty fields that have resources as a possible selection.

It requires a full "Build" step to make the new resource available in the "Select Resource" popup.

Is there anyway to make the new resource available without going through a full build?

squidge
18th December 2009, 17:18
Just add the resources to the QRC and click the "Reload" button on the resource manager in QtDesigner.

JesperWe
18th December 2009, 18:54
Pardon me but I feel a little stupid here.

I open the QRC and add a new image file. The UI is very simple here. No sign of any reload button. No Reload command in any menu. No context menu at all.

So I switch to the Form Editor. There is a Widgets menu pane, the main form layout pane, a tree widget explorer, a property manager and a pane with Action and Slots editor tabs. No "Resource Manager" that I can find??? Nothing mentioned in the menus or in the context menus about any reloads....

What am I missing?

JesperWe
18th December 2009, 19:04
Ah! Now I know what I'm missing :o ! There is a reload button in the actual "select resource" popup, but it's kind of hidden in the titlebar of the tree widget. And since it is the only button on this menubar it's really doesn't look like a menubar at all, more like a window titlebar...