PDA

View Full Version : Missing file errors when Rebuilding example projects

Thomas Wrobel
21st December 2009, 17:54
If I open an example project (like elastic nodes, or fridge magnets) and run it, then it works fine.
If I rebuild it, that seems to go without errors. (looking at the compile output).

However, if I rebuild it again I get errors like;

mingw32-make: Leaving directory `D:/Qt/2009.04/qt/examples/graphicsview/elasticnodes'
Could Not Find D:\Qt\2009.04\qt\examples\graphicsview\elasticnode s\release\moc_graphwidget.cpp
Could Not Find D:\Qt\2009.04\qt\examples\graphicsview\elasticnode s\release\edge.o
Exited with code 0.
Configuration unchanged, skipping QMake step.

The errors are always of this format. (although , depending on modes, sometimes its "debug" rather then release).

It equaly applies to my own projects, and first I thought it was my code. But as its applying to the samples too, I'm now at a lose as to whats wrong.

--

ps. How would I look up "Could Not Find " on this forums search system? It assumes the "Not" to be an operator (So thus -Find). How can I escape/override that?

axeljaeger
8th January 2010, 13:13
Both missing files are generated during the build process. See whether you can find them on your harddisk before and after the build process. Maybe they get generated to the wrong directory. A file moc_ is generated by the q meta object compiler (moc). Maybe it is not in the path and thus cannot be invoked. Are there any error messages or warnings before the ones you pasted here?