PDA

View Full Version : module machine type 'THUMB' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'

hubbobubbo
22nd December 2009, 11:28
Hi

I have a working Visual Studio project for Win32 and I want to setup a Windows Mobile 5 config as well. I have created a shadow build of QT according to there instructions: http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/install-wince.html

and I have selected that QT version in VS. Everything compiles in the Windows Mobile variant but then when linking I get this error:
QtCore4.lib(QtCore4.dll) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'THUMB' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'

I am not sure how to interpret this. Is it the QT libraries that are still in some win32 mode or can it be a setting in my visual studio project. I have set "Compile for architecture" to QRarch4 and "Target machine" to "Not set". But I still feel that it is the QT libs that are not agreeing?

Any ideas

squidge
22nd December 2009, 13:53
Sounds like your module (DLL) is compiled for ARM THUMB, whilst the linker is expected to output PC X86 code.

hubbobubbo
22nd December 2009, 20:52
but then how can I change this.

I have created a brand new QT project, the only available configuration is Windows Mobile 5 Arm4I.

Still it seems like it is building my project as x86. I cannot find the setting to change this?

I also get a warning for even trying to use the QRarch4 flag which to me points in the direction of that it is building for x86 but I do not know why.

Uic'ing sgfdsfgdasf.ui...
Moc'ing sgfdsfgdasf.h...
Rcc'ing sgfdsfgdasf.qrc...
RCC: Warning: No resources in 'c:\projects\qtTemp\sgfdsfgdasf\sgfdsfgdasf\sgfdsf gdasf.qrc'.
Compiling...
cl : Command line warning D9002 : ignoring unknown option '/QRarch4'
sgfdsfgdasf.cpp
main.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
cl : Command line warning D9002 : ignoring unknown option '/QRarch4'
moc_sgfdsfgdasf.cpp
qrc_sgfdsfgdasf.cpp
Generating Code...
Linking...
.\Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK (ARMV4I)\Release\main.obj : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'THUMB'