PDA

View Full Version : QMake How to force Qmake to use 2 fixed folders for 'release' and 'debug' ?

erics
5th January 2010, 17:07
Hello every-body ,
As I understand QT now , one creates a new folder for every new project ?
Thats fine for me , but QMAKE will create two extra-sub-folders for the 'debug' and the 'release' versions of the build .
In due-time this will accumulate in a lot of folders scattered every where !
I think making two 'fixed' folders like C:\qt\releases & C:\qt\debugs to be a much cleaner solution ?
( You can then change the PATH-environment-variable to point to these locations )
In order to achieve this one could manually change the DESTDIR variable in Makefile.Release and Makefile.Debug , but a much better solution would be to change a template- or config-file somewhere ?

Anyone with suggestions | remarks | warnings ?

TIA
Erics ( working in a dual-boot XP-Ubuntu environment with static Qt in XP )

wysota
5th January 2010, 20:27
You can set the DESTDIR variable in your project files.

erics
6th January 2010, 10:57
Thanks for the reaction : The test-application I'm building now is a simple console-app .
The way I solved my problem for the moment is going into the Makefile.Release file with Notepad++ and changing all references to release into . (dot) .
That way The object.o output file and the exe-file both come in the current folder , which is good enough for me .
To enable the output of the console-app to be visible when running one has to change the LFLAGs -subsystem ,windows into -subsystem,console !!
I 'm thinking to quit building apps as -static , the resulting code is just too big .
On the other side I remarked that on my recently bought Vaio there are already 3 extra foreign Qtcore4.dll files installed all different versions and all in a Path-folder ??
Wonder which one gets called and if this is sane ?
But that's stuff for another thread .
Thanks again

wysota
7th January 2010, 00:25
The way I solved my problem for the moment is going into the Makefile.Release file with Notepad++ and changing all references to release into . (dot) .
But why? Why don't you use proper qmake variables to obtain what you want?

faldzip
8th January 2010, 08:40
Read some documentation about QMake variables and functions but I can say you may pay attention to CONFIG function and DESTDIR variable...