PDA

View Full Version : compiling a qt project under win32

elcuco
18th January 2006, 21:57
As you all know, compiling Qt on win32 is a pain in the ?!@#!@#.

I am attaching here a batch file, calls qmake which compiles the application, and executes it. This can be used as an external tool on those cool editor which can run external commands on buttons clicks. I use F5 on Notepad++ to build my projects.

A few assumptions:
- There is only on pro file in the dir
- The application name must be set (and must be on a sub dir called bin )
- Eigther Qt is defined in the environment, or you modified the first lines of the batch file to find your local installation.
- All make output is saved into "errors.txt"
- Rename the attached file to *.bat, as the forum does not allow attaching *.bat files

Please comment, and eben tough I cannt force you, don't fork the code, this way it will be easier for me to follow any improovements :)

Use and abuse, as it's public domain!

(to the admins of this site, please allow the uploads of *.BAT files, as some people do work on Windows here)

dimitri
19th January 2006, 00:31
As you all know, compiling Qt on win32 is a pain in the ?!@#!@#.

I'm not sure we all know. Which exact problems are you referring to? If you list them, they may be solved in upcoming versions of Qt (or at least the documentation could be improved).

yop
19th January 2006, 08:43
I'm not sure we all know. Which exact problems are you referring to? If you list them, they may be solved in upcoming versions of Qt (or at least the documentation could be improved).I've had this conversation a few times in many different places, I'm certain that elcuco is refering to the fact that no IDEs (like KDevelop) are available for Win that support Qt (the full experience ;)) out of the box and he proposed a workaround (for which we should thank him). The word "compiling" though was IMHO not well chosen and the "pain in ..." IMO inappropriate.