PDA

View Full Version : S60 and "addFont" problem (Chinese characters)

Lykurg
6th January 2010, 20:15
Hi,

first what I try to achieve: I want (to keep it simple) display Chinese characters at a QLabel on my Music Express 5800 (Qt/S60). Unfortunately I have bought it in Europe, so there is no Chinese language support and you can't "update" it (as far as I know. Only for a fee in special shops...). So the installed font doesn't support the signs.

So I thought using QFontDatabase::addApplicationFont() with an embedded font. It works local with "normal" Qt but not when building for my mobile phone target. The generated sisx package is to small, so that I guess, the font is not embedded. Also installing other fonts on "e:/resource/fonts" and use them don't work here.

Do you have had a similar problem? How have you solved it?

Thankful for every hint,

Lykurg

EDIT: Ok, the size is obviously big enough and the font is included, but still, I cant use it on the device. (Also when using addApplicationFont with a local ttf font)

Lykurg
6th January 2010, 20:58
Damn! Why it is always the same? Got it now... (It was either a wrong file encoding or my first font was buggy...)

So I just want use this post to call for a new sub forum called "Post here and wait for a miracle!". What's the use of it? You can post here your problem. Wait 2h and see if it get solved. Even if you have worked on that problem for days. If it get solved - like in my case right now - fell happy and forget about it (may be delete it). Otherwise just hit a button to move your post to the official forums to get real help... :cool:

Lykurg