PDA

View Full Version : Hello World app takes ages to start on WM6

fabiobond
12th January 2010, 16:20
Hi all,
I'm a very newbie in using QT.
I've downloaded the qt 4.6.0 everywhere-src distribution and recompiled fo windows mobile 6 professional using these options:
c:\Qt\4.6.0\configure.exe -debug-and-release -nomake examples -nomake demos -no-exceptions -no-openssl -no-opengl -no-style-motif -no-style-cde -no-style-cleanlooks -no-style-plastique -no-sql-sqlite -opensource -qt-style-windowsce -qt-style-windowsmobile -no-native-gestures -no-cetest -platform win32-msvc2008 -xplatform wincewm60professional-msvc2008

Then using QTCreator 1.3 I've created an Hello World gui application that simply display a maximized window with a centered label
I've compiled it in release mode and I've copied the required dlls and the exe to an HTC P3300 with wm6.1 pro. The processor on the phone is a OMAP850-201Mhz
When I launch the application,it takes nearly 20 seconds to show my window.

I've tried using debug and release versions of the dlls but I've seen no improvements regarding the startup time.
I've tried compressing the dlls using UPX but this way, the only difference is that the "wait" cursor disappear after 4-5 seconds but the form only shows after 22 seconds.

Is this startup time normal? How can I improve this?

Best regards
Fabio

mtiberio
30th July 2010, 03:50
Did you ever solve your problem? I'm interested in an opensource method of doing WM6 development and have been drawn to the QT world and would love to learn more about your successes and failures...

fabiobond
30th July 2010, 08:03
Hi mtiberio,

actually the apps performs well regarding the startup-time
Since I only developed that app and a lot of months are gone since I have hands on Qt, I don't remember exactly what solved the problem

I've upgraded to Qt 4.6.1 and now my build configuration is this:

c:\Qt\4.6.1\configure.exe -release -nomake examples -nomake demos -opensource -ltcg -fast -no-exceptions -no-accessibility -no-stl -no-rtti -no-sql-sqlite -no-qt3support -no-opengl -no-openvg -no-gif -no-libmng -no-libtiff -no-libjpeg -no-openssl -no-dbus -no-phonon -no-phonon-backend -no-multimedia -no-webkit -no-scripttools -no-declarative -no-style-windowsxp -no-style-windowsvista -no-style-plastique -no-style-cleanlooks -no-style-motif -no-style-cde -qt-style-windowsce -qt-style-windowsmobile -no-native-gestures -no-cetest -platform win32-msvc2008 -xplatform wincewm60professional-msvc2008

Hope this helps