PDA

View Full Version : About Qt certification

volcano
14th January 2010, 10:35
Hi,

I was planning on preparing and answering Qt certification but can't find matter which can be of good help for it. Other than the syllabus given only one question is given about how questions appear.

If anyone has answered the certification can you help me with how to prepare and what questions can be expected.

Any pointers would be of good help
Thanks.

feverzsj
14th January 2010, 12:11
wow, are you serious? 150eur, it's expensive and the test is quite basic.

volcano
14th January 2010, 12:20
Please give some suggestions on the questions appearing and how to prepare for the certification.
Any pointers would be of good help.

Thanks

jpn
14th January 2010, 14:34
http://qt.nokia.com/developer/learning/certification -> Qt Essentials exam -> Preparation

volcano
15th January 2010, 04:01
I checked that page out before and currently working towards it like completing the topics for the syllabus and reading the required books.
But I have no ideas of how and what type of questions can be expected.

If some one has appeared for certification please provide some tips and pointers.

Thanks

wysota
15th January 2010, 10:14
Multiple choice questions, about names of classes, their functionality, signals and slots. Basic stuff, don't be scared :)

Radagast
29th March 2010, 18:24
up
this list
http://qt.nokia.com/developer/learning/qt-essentials-curriculum-block
also contains topics like
"A comparison of cross platform frameworks"
"Know the difference between toolkits and frameworks"
that are rather confusing to me... Are there any questions on these topics?
Also are there questions about Model-View framework?
thanks in advance.

Lykurg
29th March 2010, 20:08
Hi,

I can't remember a question exactly at that topic. But as wysota has said: don't be scared. If you have read the given pages of the books you are well prepared. And you don't have to score 100%. It is only pass. Or not...
But even me passed:)

How much experience do you have with Qt? How long do you working with it?

Lykurg

Radagast
30th March 2010, 06:59
I have 2 years of "hands-on" experience
so I'm not scared of questions about classes, signals and events :)
I am scared of those ambiguous topics that I've listed

Lykurg
30th March 2010, 07:05
so I'm not scared of questions about classes, signals and events :)
Then you have allready won!

I am scared of those ambiguous topics that I've listed
Yeah, I felt the same, but there weren't much of them. If there where any... Sorry but I can't remember such question. The only questions I can remember which were beside classes etc. were about binary and source compability between the different releases. But hey, it's multiple choice. And again you don't have to score 100%.

Radagast
7th April 2010, 17:51
I've passed the exam succesfully. Did you recieve email notification from Nokia , that they sent the certificate to you?

Lykurg
7th April 2010, 18:43
I've passed the exam succesfully. Did you recieve email notification from Nokia , that they sent the certificate to you?
Congratulations! In my case I havn't heard anything for 2 month. Then I get an email and two days later the certificate was send. (But that was right after they lunched the program.)

prateekbh
19th January 2011, 10:41
I am also planning for Qt Certification.I had 2 years of Exp. on Qt(4.3.2) and i just want to know what type of Questions are there in exam.Next month I am planning for the exam.

nish
19th January 2011, 11:02
personally i feel that the exam is just revenue generation tool for them. It is very easy.