PDA

View Full Version : installing Qt Mobility for Symbian platform

Yoram
15th January 2010, 13:55
Hello everyone,

First, let me introduce myself, my name is Yoram Kerckhofs, I'm 21 years old and I live in Belgium. I go to school @ XIOS Hogeschool Limburg and they have presented us with a project where we should find out how we program on Qt ourselves. Let me elaborate.

Our project consists of a few rules we have to follow:
- use Qt
- use S60
- It has to be something Location (GPS) based
- If possible, use OVI Maps

Now, after some careful reading and trial & error. We are almost there, our installation ALMOST works :P
The only problem we are facing now, is getting QtMobility - location module to work in Qt Creator.

We are getting the option to include various headers from the location module, so that works fine we think. But when we try and run it, it presents us with the error:

WARNING: Can't find following headers in User or System Include Paths
"qmobilityglobal.h"
(User Inc Paths "\users\student\documents\testloc\")
Dependency list for "\Users\student\Documents\testLoc\mainwindow.cpp" may be incomplete

The problem is.. we are complete newbies @ Qt.. So we have no understanding of the error. Users / System include paths.. no clue where we can edit these.. or maybe it's another problem, not building the Qt Mobility location module correctly, or.....

Can anyone help us?
Thanks alot!

Yoram
15th January 2010, 14:36
I think I have found the problem.

We only have the option to build for GCCE, but our emulator runs WINSCW... is there an option to build for WINSCW aswel?

ie. make release-winscw (this doesn't work.. we tried xD)

thanks in advance!

Yoram
16th January 2010, 19:10
We found the "solution" .. debug-winscw does work it seems..

Although we're getting another error now.. but we've called in a nokia qt dev to help us out :>

grtz!