PDA

View Full Version : unable to run my first extended application

Noks
16th January 2010, 19:44
Hello people,
I am using the ebook "THE ART OF BUILDING QT APPLICATIONS".I typed the program on page 71.I typed the program exactly same as in the book.The following errors comes up many times.
undefined reference to `vtable for ByteConverterDialog'
I am attatching the files ....
Thanks

squidge
16th January 2010, 21:09
"undefined reference to `vtable" normally means the MOC hasn't been run. If your using Qt creator, run qmake, else you need to ensure MOC is being run.

Noks
17th January 2010, 07:59
Well Thanks that worked.But if i am using the ide how do i ensure that qmake is being run.I made it run from the qt cmd

Noks
17th January 2010, 08:41
Well there's a logical error to in the program.As i am a noob its quite difficult for me to figure it out.i have well understood the program but even after trying a lot couldn't detect the error.Could someone please help me:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Thanks

squidge
17th January 2010, 09:26
Well Thanks that worked.But if i am using the ide how do i ensure that qmake is being run.I made it run from the qt cmd

In the "build" menu there's an option "run qmake" :)

As for your other error, I've no idea. Post more details.

Noks
17th January 2010, 10:31
Well that build option runs and it creates the makefile.now how do i run mingw32-make from the ide.and abt the logical error see...i have attached the files you just run it once you will get to see the prob...
and one last thing you are really doing a gr8 wrk man...i see you continuosly helping folks...keep it up
Thanks

squidge
17th January 2010, 11:47
Build -> Build Project