PDA

View Full Version : QFileDialog to stderr: Couldn't open named pipe (2)

Ballig
17th January 2010, 13:30
When running an application that uses QFileDialog I receive a message to the application output in Qt Creator:

| tid00000C48 Couldn't open named pipe (2)

That message is repeated three times for every file which is visible in the directory (it is not displayed for files that are filtered out). The message is repeated again a number of times if a context menu is opened, and then again three times for every visible file when the directory is changed. The dialog otherwise works perfectly fine. The number after 'tid' is the same when the output is received in groups - when rendering the files being displayed the number is the same, but different when a context menu is requested, and different when the directory changes.

This happens even when compiling a clean QtGUI application where I have just put a standard QFileDialog line. It happens no matter how I open the dialog or what options I send to it. I am using Qt 4.5.3 with Qt Creator 1.2 compiled for static link, but it also happens on a fresh install of Qt 4.6 with Qt Creator 1.3 under default compilation (dynamic link). It is compiled and run under Windows XP 64-bit and I have not had a chance to see if the same message appears when compiled and run under a different version of windows or OS; but even if the message doesn't appear under a different OS, I'd like to solve it under XP 64-bit also.