PDA

View Full Version : Hostlookup using QHostInfo

doggrant
21st January 2010, 18:17
Hi,

I have the following code to perform a host lookup

// Perform host lookup
m_DoLookup = true;
m_Lookupid = QHostInfo::lookupHost( Address, this, SLOT( SLOTGetHostIPAddress(QHostInfo)) );

// Start short lookup timeout
m_LookupTimer = new QTimer(this);
connect(m_LookupTimer, SIGNAL(timeout()), this, SLOT(SLOTLookupTimeout()));
m_LookupTimer->setSingleShot(true);
m_LookupTimer->start(1000);

// Wait for lookup timeout to complete
while( m_DoLookup )
{
qApp->processEvents();
}

The timeout slot is

void SLOTLookupTimeout()
{
// abort host lookup
QHostInfo::abortHostLookup( m_Lookupid );
}

Now when the QHostInfo::abortHostLookup() is called, I am expecting it to then go into my SLOTGetHostIPAddress(), where I can check for the failure. However, it never goes in there, and always stays in my processEvents() while loop. Any thoughts why?

I have confirmed the id returned from QHostInfo::lookupHost() is the same as the one passed into QHostInfo::abortHostLookup(). Is it just the case that if i abort a lookup, i don't get anything back saying it has been aborted?

David

doggrant
21st January 2010, 18:37
I have also noticed that with the

QHostInfo::abortHostLookup( m_Lookupid );

and

m_Lookupid = QHostInfo::lookupHost( Address, this, SLOT( SLOTGetHostIPAddress(QHostInfo)) );

calls in my code, my application crashes on exit, whether the lookup completed or not. Not sure why this is yet, will try looking at this.

David

doggrant
22nd January 2010, 11:13
Still non the wiser about what is causing the crash in my application. Calling the static blocking call,

QHostInfo fromName ( const QString & name )

To resolve the host name to ip address does not cause my application to crash, but any call to the static calls

lookupHost ( const QString & name, QObject * receiver, const char * member )

or

abortHostLookup ( int id )

Causes my application to have an access violtation in qt_call_post_routines(), which is called from the QApplication destructor. Anyone have any ideas why?

David

mgoetz
22nd January 2010, 14:55
In which Qt version do you have the crash?

SLOTGetHostIPAddress won't be called if you abort.

doggrant
22nd January 2010, 17:46
The crash is in QT 4.5.2.

I came to the conclusion this might be a QT issue, and am currently in the process of installing QT 4.6.1 on my system.

doggrant
22nd January 2010, 17:48
Also, this is on Windows XP.

mgoetz
23rd January 2010, 17:43
Great!
Please report back and tell if it fixes the issue.

doggrant
26th January 2010, 14:58
Good news. Upgrading to QT 4.6.1 has resolved the crash on exit of my applciation :)