PDA

View Full Version : no audiodevices found using QAudioDeviceInfo::availableDevices on Ubuntu 9.10

m15ch4
24th January 2010, 22:23
Hello!

I'm using Qt SDK downloaded from qt.nokia.com (2010.01 release) as .bin under Ubuntu 9.10. I'm trying to run "audiodevice" example from Multimedia section. After I run the example program it runs but it doesn't find any available sound devices. I have read bugreport at http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-6866 and the problem should be solved in Qt release that I use.

I'm using standard instalation of Ubuntu with alsa version: 1.0.20.

Do you know any solution for this problem?

m15ch4
25th January 2010, 09:06
Any ideas ?

Pleas help.

bpetty
28th June 2011, 06:34
More than a year later... I have the same issue. Qt 4.7.2 under Kubuntu. Of course I had to build it from scratch since they dont offer the QMultimedia component with the standard package.
I can record and listen to music just fine on my system... just not with the Qt Libraries.

I know QAudio* classes are not really supported by Qt at this point, but does anyone have any pointers if they were somehow able to get this working?
I guess that is why they scrapped them until Qt5 comes out, but I can't wait that long.

Little code snippet for the curious:

QTextStream out(stdout);
out << "START-OUTPUT" << endl;
QList<QAudioDeviceInfo> outputList = QAudioDeviceInfo::availableDevices(QAudio::AudioOu tput);
foreach(QAudioDeviceInfo outputInfo, outputList)
{
out << outputInfo.deviceName() << endl;
}
out << "END-OUTPUT" << endl;