PDA

View Full Version : Qt Creator Adding a Help File (for the Property Browser)

BobTheProg
25th January 2010, 01:47
Help works great for the standard packages. Version is 4.6.0, Windows XP.

I have downloaded the Qt Solutions Property Manager and installed it beside Qt:

- Qt is in C:\Qt\2009.05\qt\...
- the Property Manager stuff is in C:\Qt\packages\qtpropertybrowser-2.5_1-opensource\...

I have followed instructions and added the Property Manager's qch file under Qt Creator's Tools|Options|Help|Documentation|Add but nothing turns up in the Help viewer. Any ideas how I can debug this one?

Thanks
Bob

wysota
25th January 2010, 16:23
Make sure that active documentation filters match the ones from the newly installed qch file.

BobTheProg
25th January 2010, 19:38
The documentation filters seem to be OK - the appropriate Contents display correctly. But the content is not there; clicking on a Contents entry has no effect.

I was wondering whether there is a backslash problem - '\' versus '/' - but that is pure speculation. It seems to be tough to debug this one.

Bob

wysota
25th January 2010, 21:25
It seems it doesn't work for me as well although I may have an outdated version of the solution (2.5).

BobTheProg
26th January 2010, 14:17
Thanks for looking. 2.5.1 is the current version.

I expect Qt monitor this forum and will eventually fix it. Meanwhile the HTML help files work OK.

ktk
29th January 2010, 23:44
I don't think "Qt" "monitors" this forum, at least not regularly. If you want a bug to be fixed, file it at http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com.