PDA

View Full Version : application fails to launch

freekill
25th January 2010, 15:25
My program compiles nicely but I'm getting errors when trying to launch the program's .exe file.
Windows flags: Application was unable to start correctly (0xc01500002).
I tried using gdb to see what was happening and this is what I'm left with:
Starting program: <dir>\program.exe
[New thread 544.0xd30 ]
Error: dll starting at 0x77150000 was not found.
Error: dll starting at 0x75d70000 was not found.
Error: dll starting at 0x77150000 was not found.
Error: dll starting at 0x77270000 was not found.

Program exited with code 0300005200002.
You can't do that without a process to debug.

I'm using the provided MinGW and gdb by trolltech; downloaded MinGW-gcc440_1.zip from ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/misc/.
What could be causing this? TIA.

faldzip
25th January 2010, 15:39
You probably do not have required DLLs in your Path or in your application directory. You can check this with Dependency Walker. If it says that Qt DLLs are missing then add your Qt bin directory to the system Path.

vishwajeet.dusane
25th January 2010, 15:59
Hi

it seems you have downloaded zip file and extracted it and managed to build ur application as qmake will add required file path in your makefile and build successfully however you must have forgot to put Qt bin and mingw bin folder path in your PATH environment variable.

Also if your application are using some plugin from Qt then you also need to trace them weather plugins are getting loaded or not.

schnitzel
25th January 2010, 18:25
I'm not sure why you need MingW-gcc440_1.zip.

Have you tried to download the Qt SDK for Windows?

If you have specific reasons for your setup, try a simple program first.

freekill
26th January 2010, 00:46
Here's what I have in my environment variables.
PATH: C:\MinGW\bin;C:\Qt\4.6.0\bin;C:\OpenCV\bin
QTDIR: C:\Qt\4.6.0
QMAKESPEC: make-g++

btw, I'm able to run other qt applications. I have 2 multithreaded applications and they seem to share this same problem.

@faldzip
I googled for Dependency Walker, it doesn't seem to support Windows 7 x64.

@schnitzel
I'm working with a different library, OpenCV, other than Qt.

schnitzel
26th January 2010, 06:20
why don't you just install Qt SDK for Windows, it includes mingw32.

why the additional mingw-gcc440_1.zip download?

No need to complicate things - right?

freekill
26th January 2010, 10:16
why don't you just install Qt SDK for Windows, it includes mingw32.

why the additional mingw-gcc440_1.zip download?

No need to complicate things - right?

I feel it's the other way around. I feel comfortable coding Qt in notepad++ and editing the .pro file to include the other library I'm working with.

faldzip
26th January 2010, 10:39
I googled for Dependency Walker, it doesn't seem to support Windows 7 x64.

I'm using it with no problem on Windows 7 x64.

schnitzel
26th January 2010, 16:41
I feel it's the other way around. I feel comfortable coding Qt in notepad++ and editing the .pro file to include the other library I'm working with.

I wasn't trying to force you to use Qt Creator... just taking it step by step, going from a known working configuration - that's all.

freekill
27th January 2010, 02:49
I'm using it with no problem on Windows 7 x64.

I'll give this a shot. Thanks.

freekill
31st January 2010, 14:17
You probably do not have required DLLs in your Path or in your application directory. You can check this with Dependency Walker. If it says that Qt DLLs are missing then add your Qt bin directory to the system Path.

I've just checked dependency walker and it highlighted two things for me. First, IESHIMS.DLL - Error opening file. The system cannot find the file specified (2). Then, in QTCORED4.DLL link checksum was printed in red. It indicates 0x011841EF.

I tried searching for the IEShims.dll and I found two of them first in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer and another one in C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer. If I have it in my system, how come it's a problem?

faldzip
31st January 2010, 16:23
IEShims.dll is not necessary (there is an egg timer on the left - or how it is called).
I think that you have two versions of Qt in your system and you compiled with another than it is linked dynamically on you app launch. You can set Dependency Walker to show you full paths and check the version of this QTCORED4.DLL (it is shown in Dependency Walker, or you can right click on the file in Windows Explorer and open preferences - there should be tab where version informations are shown).

bad_coupon
7th March 2011, 15:14
Sorry to bump a thread this old, but I'm posting this for anyone who, like me, reached this thread by googling a problem.

I managed to overcome the (0xc01500002) debacle by running Windows Update and just letting it loose. I suspect it could have been the .NET Framework service pack update that did the trick, but the bottom line is it started working now and hasn't earlier.

So if you have nothing else, just try updating the bejesus out of your OS and see if it helps.

Error:
"Application was unable to start correctly (0xc01500002)"
The solution is built but this message is produced on running the program (and nothing happens, basically).

Parameters:
Windows 7 Starter 32-bit
Visual Studio 2010 Express