PDA

View Full Version : Modifying Appearance of QScrollbar

Stobie
25th January 2010, 21:37
I'm using a small black and white screen and need the scrollbar to just be a black slider in a black outer frame with no arrows. I got what I wanted using style sheets but including them in the configuration when installing takes up too much space so I can't use them. Is it possible to remove the arrows by inheriting from QStyle or something? And if so how? thanks

nish
26th January 2010, 07:47
if you just wanted to style the scroll bar i dont understand how one line fills your space ?
scrollbar->setStyleSheet("my long style sheet");

if you are going to write a QStyle class than you will end up writing more code.

Stobie
26th January 2010, 23:19
By taking up too much space I meant the size of the executable, in Mb, when the application is built statically. To use style sheets means the executable is capable of reading scripts, it makes the executable about 500Kb bigger which I can't afford (its in a radio without much flash). I've started to use my own QStyle but I haven't been able to figure out how to remove the arrows and give the other controls of the scrollbar their space, can this be done using a derived style?