PDA

View Full Version : Questionairrre Application

mickeyk191
26th January 2010, 13:28
Hi All

I am looking for some advice and ideas of how best to develop a questionnaire application... The catch is that it needs to be fully configurable.
i.e. the administrator needs to be able to change the content of the questions, the number of questions and type of questions without recompiling the qt application.

The questionnaire would consist of 5/6 template questions types (e.g. labels, lineEdits, multiple choice, checkboxs etc). The Administrator could edit a config file to choose how many questions, what the questions are and the multiple choice answers etc.. All answer would be saved into a file and stored.

I am relatively new to Qt and GUI programming in general. Anyone have any ideas how best to implement this application?

Any help is appreciated

vishwajeet.dusane
26th January 2010, 14:09
Hi

Before going into discussion how to? first could you explain a bit why Qt ? cause for this i would prefer any web technology like java, php, DJango - python ?

mickeyk191
26th January 2010, 14:17
Hi

I intend using this application on an embedded ARM9 platform. Therefore I am limited to the number of technologys I can use + the footprint needs to be kept small.

Regards
Mickey

vishwajeet.dusane
26th January 2010, 14:32
fair enough

what is the available size of target device ? the reason i am asking this cause if you can use QWebkit.dll then using XSLT you can generate random questionair. so that can be dynamic.
also user settings/admin settings you can store in xml/config file. and load change settings accordingly

vishwajeet.dusane
26th January 2010, 14:33
Forgot to mention XSLT will generate html pages wich has questionair and will be displayed as web pages on screen

mickeyk191
26th January 2010, 14:42
I have 256MB of flash at the moment, but this is for development pursposes. Ideally if I can keep size as low as possible I can go for smaller flash and keep cost low.

Thanks for the hints. I will look into these now and see how it could work

Mickey