PDA

View Full Version : program exits straight away - exited with code -107374151

Ferric
27th January 2010, 21:51
Hi,

When I run my program, it starts and then quickly exits with the following message: exited with code -107374151

I have recently upgraded from "qt-sdk-win-opensource-2009.04" to "qt-sdk-win-opensource-2010.01.exe".

My program used to work fine on the old Qt Creator, but not anymore.

I'm not sure if it is a configuration setting in Qt creator that I need to change or what..

Is there a way to determine what the error code -107374151 means?

Thanks

schnitzel
27th January 2010, 22:01
you are probably missing a dll - try running from the command line which would tell you the name of the missing dll.

Ferric
27th January 2010, 22:06
I don't want to sound like a complete moron, but how do I run from the command line in Qt creator?

The following is the output of my build steps

Running build steps for project LoaderV5...
Starting: c:/qt/2010.01/qt/bin/qmake.exe C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Desktop/Loader Program/PROTOTYPE/LoaderV5.pro -spec win32-g++ -r
Exited with code 0.
Starting: C:/Qt/2010.01/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe -w
mingw32-make: Entering directory `C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Desktop/Loader Program/PROTOTYPE'
C:/Qt/2010.01/mingw/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile.Debug
mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Desktop/Loader Program/PROTOTYPE'
mingw32-make[1]: Nothing to be done for `first'.
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Desktop/Loader Program/PROTOTYPE'
mingw32-make: Leaving directory `C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Desktop/Loader Program/PROTOTYPE'
Exited with code 0.

schnitzel
27th January 2010, 22:20
sorry, should have been clearer...
instead of running it from inside Qt Creator, open a Qt Command Prompt, then cd to the app's executable and run it from there.

Ferric
27th January 2010, 22:47
yes there were five missing dll's, I copied them into the debug folder, and the error messages dissappeared, but then I got the following error message (please see attached)

Also, thanks for letting me know about using the command line, it looks like a pretty handy feature

schnitzel
27th January 2010, 22:51
hmm try doing a clean build of everything since you installed a new Qt sdk. If that doesn't help download the program 'depends' and run it on your executable.

Ferric
28th January 2010, 00:22
I downloaded the program "depends" but the information if provided me with was a little over my head. I think I may revert to a previous version and a previous copy of my program, taking it one step at a time. Thanks for the help.

schnitzel
28th January 2010, 00:43
don't give up yet :)

have you read the following:
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.6/deployment-windows.html#application-dependencies

I suppose you have all or most of these in the folder where your executable is.

ChrisW67
28th January 2010, 06:45
The suggestion to do a full clean and rebuild would be a good start.

You should not need to move any Qt-supplied DLL files in order to run your application in Qt Creator. Libraries from external packages may be copied in or placed on the PATH (globally or in the Run Configuration). Check also the the Run Configuration is default or, if it isn't, that the changes you made are good.