PDA

View Full Version : 5 Minute Tutorial on using Qt with Visual Studio

sschaub
29th January 2010, 22:18
I recently spent some time learning the basics of working with Qt using Visual Studio 2008. I wrote up a short tutorial that I thought might be of interest. Read it here. (http://sschaub.wikidot.com/tutorial-on-qt-with-visual-studio)

I'm interested in feedback, particularly on getting code completion working reliably.

Stephen

squidge
29th January 2010, 23:22
The easiest way is to dump Visual Studio's code completion and use something better for the job, such as CodeRush or Visual Assist. Neither are free however unless you get your work place to buy them for you. CodeRush does seem to produce a steady stream of evaluation editions however.

franz
30th January 2010, 14:56
My approach to this is to use Qt creator for coding and visual studio for debugging. It takes a while to get used to and you sometimes hit the right key in the wrong window, but as far as I'm concerned Qt Creator's code completion makes it worth the trouble. Debugging using the CDB in Creator isn't good enough though. I think it would be cool if Qt Creator's code completion behaviour could be used as an add-on in visual studio as well (or someone should reverse engineer visual studio's debugger, which isn't cdb as far as I know).

happyvalley
2nd February 2010, 15:18
Hi, Stephen

I did the same thing as you did, but seems the UI file only can be opened in the external QTDEsigner, actually I saw a screenshot on QT website, with the visual studio integration, could open/edit UI within VIsual studio,
not sure it is only for vs2005 (did not try), or something not configured correctly.

-David

I recently spent some time learning the basics of working with Qt using Visual Studio 2008. I wrote up a short tutorial that I thought might be of interest. Read it here. (http://sschaub.wikidot.com/tutorial-on-qt-with-visual-studio)

I'm interested in feedback, particularly on getting code completion working reliably.

Stephen

Sai Gollapudi
21st December 2011, 08:24
Thanks. It was straight forward and useful. Appreciate it.

Sai Gollapudi

wguo
25th August 2013, 23:22
Where is the tutorial?

tesmai4
28th January 2014, 11:57
Thanks for the tutorial. I need to use QT Visual Studio Add-in for Visual studio 2012 with QT 4.8. Do you have any experience with it or a tutorial for it?