PDA

View Full Version : Setting the Application Icon on Windows

Coises
1st February 2010, 03:40
These instructions seem simple enough:
Setting the Application Icon on Windows (http://qt.nokia.com/doc/4.6/appicon.html#setting-the-application-icon-on-windows)
but I get:

mingw32-make[1]: *** No rule to make target `..\source\MixAndMatch.rc', needed by `debug/MixAndMatch_res.o'. Stop.

instead of a build. What am I supposed to know but don’t?

high_flyer
1st February 2010, 08:52
Can you show your pro file?

Coises
1st February 2010, 15:20
Thank you for responding. It turned out to be a silly error on my part: I misspelled the name of the *.rc file in the source folder; since make complained about lacking a “rule” rather than not finding a file, it didn’t occur to me to check that until I went looking for the *.pro file to copy into a reply to you... then I saw it.

In retrospect, I take it the error message meant that make had instructions (from the RC_FILE directive) for which it required MixAndMatch.rc, which it couldn’t find, and so it concluded that it was supposed to make that file, and it had no instructions telling it how to do that.

marcelognunez
12th June 2017, 05:34
Test if you have a space in some folder in your path to the project.
Example: D:\Lab\QtProjects\MyNotepad 1.0

This make that cannot recognize "windres"

Do the follow:
-Delete the pro.user file in your project root directory
-rename without spaces (Ex: D:\Lab\QtProjects\MyNotepad-1.0)
-in Qt Creator -> Open Project -> mynotepad.pro (following the example)
Compile and Voilé.... All ok!!

Try...

d_stranz
12th June 2017, 20:41
This "answer" has absolutely nothing to do with the original question that was asked in this seven year old post. Why did you dig it up and answer a question that was never asked?

Besides that, the correct "answer" is not to rename files and directories, it is to enclose the path and/or file name in quotes when there are embedded spaces:

"D:\Lab\QtProjects\MyNotepad 1.0"