PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Touch Dials Example - no use of multiple dials in parallel?

MTQt
5th February 2010, 17:36
Hi all,
the 'dials' multi-touch example of Qt 4.6 seems not to support the use of multiple dials in parallel. In general it looks like that should be possible, as can be seen at http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2009/05/22/keeping-in-touch/#more-1104. I tried the 'dials' example on my HP touchsmart tx2 1099 with Windows 7. All other multi-touch examples of the SDK run fine.

Do I have to extend the sample code or should the example work with multiple finger input right out of the box?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Peter

axeljaeger
6th February 2010, 10:54
I think the problem is that Windows 7 does not support delivering multi-touch-events to different widgets. Qt can only provide moving two slider simultaniously by faking the two sliders and generate just one native widget for the whole main window. There is a command line flag or application attribute to force creation of native widgets for each QWidget. It looks like this mechanism goes wrong. Sorry that I cannot be more precise here but maybe you get some keywords for googling.