PDA

View Full Version : QLogText & QLogTable : 2 widgets to display text log

fcoiffie
9th January 2006, 15:42
In Qt4, there is no basic widget which allow to display basic text like a log file. Secondly, QTextEdit, QTextBrowser or QTableWidget are very slow and need lots of memory to only display some data (for debug purpose).

That's why I created 2 very basic widgets :

QLogText is like QTextBrowser but only to display plain text
QLogTable is like QTableWidget for plain text

These widgets support only proportionnal font and they don't support copy/paste/cut and selection operations. Unicode text shouldn't work with these widgets.

I don't know if these both widgets are really usable, but maybe, they could be improved thanks to this forum.

axeljaeger
9th January 2006, 19:53
Cool idea. Qt3 had a property for the QTextBrowser to show only plaintext but large amounts of them. Copy and paste would be nice for logfiles. You could have a look at the sourcecode of the MultiLineEdit of Qt1 or 2 to see how to do this.

Elder Orb
10th January 2006, 14:24
I can't download log widgets!.. When I try to do it login window appears, though I'm logged in already. It seems like a bug in forum..

jacek
10th January 2006, 21:41
I can't download log widgets!.. When I try to do it login window appears, though I'm logged in already. It seems like a bug in forum..
I've checked the forum configuration and everything seems to be OK. Try to log out, remove all cookies and log in again.

Does anybody have similar problems?

Elder Orb
10th January 2006, 22:37
I've tried to download attaches in IE and all was ok. Problems was because of opera..

2fcoiffie: Big thanks! Good job!

Nachtklavier
12th January 2006, 16:48
Yes, Opera (9 TP 1) has a problem here.

fcoiffie
27th June 2006, 10:23
Update of a previous thread :
In Qt4, there is no basic widget which allow to display basic text like a log file. Secondly, QTextEdit, QTextBrowser or QTableWidget are very slow and need lots of memory to only display some data (for debug purpose).

That's why I created 2 very basic widgets :
QLogText is like QTextBrowser but only to display plain text
QLogTable is like QTableWidget for plain text

These widgets support only proportionnal font and they don't support copy/paste/cut and selection operations. Unicode text shouldn't work with these widgets.

I don't know if these both widgets are really usable, but maybe, they could be improved thanks to this forum.

madmax1994
28th April 2019, 08:52
after 13 years
hi i use your file but i have a problem i need copy these logs and paste on another places
i search a lot in froums and not find answer
is this possible to copy content of QLogText?