PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Newbie!!

Kry
13th February 2010, 10:05
Hey all,

Im new to the world of QT and programing so forgive me for stupid questions.

I want to create a programe that has a Maphighlight image section at the top and once you click on the selcted area the information will be displayed at the bottom?

This would also have to be edited by the user?

Is this possible and if so how?

Any help would be aprreciated.

Cheers.

psih128
13th February 2010, 13:42
it is quite possible. Here is how: download and install Qt, look through the library, examples, demos, pick the controls you like and put then together in a program.

Kry
13th February 2010, 13:56
Thanks will do. my main concern would be the images i use and how to upload them etc..

psih128
13th February 2010, 15:09
within the application you can embed your images as resources. Take a look at Qt Resource system. From your description its not clear what your application is going to do, so I cant advise you anything else..

Kry
13th February 2010, 19:14
Thanks idealy i want it like this
http://davidlynch.org/js/maphilight/docs/demo_usa.html#
but when you click on the said picture it will display text at the bottom which the uer can edit and save.

Ive been on the demos and cant see anything that resembles it.

Lykurg
13th February 2010, 20:22
You wont find a demo that covers your need 100 percent. For the image you could use
a custom QWidget showing the "base" image and then track the mouse and overlay the image with the highlighted part of it depending of the mouse position
Split your image in different parts and use a QGraphicsScene with items (which are the parts of your image)
On a click load the corresponding data in a QTextEdit where you can alter the text, save it or do whatever you want to do...

Just start and play around with the possibilities of Qt. There are many ways to achieve what you want.