PDA

View Full Version : QGLWidget, libstdc++ compilation error

Rayven
29th June 2006, 07:28
I recently installed the Legacy support libraries (libstdc++, compat-stdc++) for RedHat WS. Each time that I try and compile my Qt application I receive errors in my QGLWidget subclass from OGL.h like
Cannot find QGL:: DoubleBuffer
Cannot find QGL:: DepthBuffer

This is not a direct printout of the errors received, because the computer it is being written on is not connected to the internet...my apologies! I have Qt 4.1.4 installed (4.1.4 was installed after all the Legacy libraries were installed, and no installation issues with Qt). I tried compiling using Qt 4.1.3, which was installed prior to the legacy apps, but receive the same errors. I cannot uninstall the Legacy libraries it seems without totally reinstalling the OS. Is there a problem with using gcc 3.4, legacy stdc++ libs and Qt? This is really messing with me, since all the code was working prior to installing the legacy libs. Does anyone know of a way to uninstall those legacy libs? If I use the application uninstaller, it gives about 20 apps dependent on the legacy libs I just installed and wont let me uninstall! Thanks!:confused:

wysota
4th July 2006, 10:37
Try forcing the uninstal (--nodeps option for rpm), check if it helped with your Qt problems and then install this library back so that you don't ruin other applications. Maybe it's not a problem with libstdc++ at all.

Rayven
5th July 2006, 17:59
I was under a time crunch to get this problem resolved, so I just reinstalled RedHat. For future knowledge, how do I force the uninstallation of the libraries?

jacek
5th July 2006, 18:11
how do I force the uninstallation of the libraries?
"rpm --erase --nodeps" should be enough.