PDA

View Full Version : QGLWidget renderText

Rayven
30th June 2006, 15:24
I am working with ToddAtWSU in creating a 2D plot using a QGLWidget. All drawing is being done with OpenGL commands and works very well. However, when using renderText( ) to place axis labels, the first number >= 0 always starts with a box. E.G. 1234 -> []234. We have tried putting in a "Hello" string, and it is always printed out as "[]ello". If a negative number is rendered, the "-" sign is displayed properly. EG "-1234" -> "-1234". Any other alphanumeric character is not displayed correctly, such as *1234->[]1234. This has happened since I installed Qt 4.1.4 using gcc3.4 on RedHat WS 4 u4.

Thanks!!

The [] represents a solid box.

jacek
30th June 2006, 15:31
This looks like a bug --- either in Qt or Red Hat. Could you prepare a minimal compilable example that reproduces the problem?

Rayven
14th July 2006, 21:02
I have solved the renderText issue, it was not a problem with Qt or Red Hat, it was with Nvidia! The latest Linux Nvidia drivers apparently have a problem with Qt's renderText. I dont know if this is an issue with the driver itself, or just how Qt handles the OpenGl calls. Anyway, I installed the legacy 7182 drivers from Nvida and the problem was fixed. Thanks to all who pondered this question! :D